Although the Commission has considerable in-house expertise, it needs specialist advice from outside experts as a basis for sound policymaking. This may be provided by groups of experts or external consultants, or take the form of studies.
The Commission has launched a call for applications for the selection of members of the Commission expert groups:
- Mission Board for adaptation to climate change, including societal transformation,
- Mission Board for cancer,
- Mission Board for healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters,
- Mission Board for climate-neutral and smart cities,
- Mission Board for soil health and food.
You can find the call here
The call is open until 11 June 2019 - 12h00.
Important aspects in the call for consideration:
- Members of these Mission Boards will be individuals appointed in a personal capacity. They can be: people from industry, innovation and business, from sectors, companies and organisations relevant in one or more fields covered by the respective mission areas; experts from academia and R&I organisations; policy makers and practitioners; former public figures including politicians such as former city Mayors; end-users and key stakeholders.
- Applicants must disclose any circumstances that could give rise to a conflict of interest by submitting a declaration of interests (’DOI’) form.
- Members shall not be directly included in proposals for calls for specific missions in the Horizon Europe work programme, although organisations which employ the Mission Boards members shall be permitted to submit or be included in such calls for proposals.
More information can be found on the following websites: